- Selfie’s (understandably) get a lot of negative press, but it’s not all bad news! Apparently sharing a selfie on social media can help boost your self-esteem. So go ahead and share one of those hundreds of selfies you’ve secretly stashed on your phone. Taking a selfie could dent your self-esteem, unless you share it
- If you’re a parent, we know you are all too familiar with the battle of meals and veggies. Lucky for you we’ve found some research-backed ways to get a few more veggies in your kids without resorting to hiding them in baked goods. Getting kids to eat more vegetables, easy-peasy
- Here’s some interesting research that made us think twice about how good our gut is at reading other people’s emotions. Why Emotional Snap Judgments Are Often Wrong
- There have been some really cool developments in the online mental health world, and there are really smart people out there who are working hard to bridge the gap for those who need mental health services but can’t access a therapist. Of course, seeing someone is more effective than working an online program, but any help is better than none. Can You Really Solve Your Mental Health Problems With an App?
- We’re going to round out our Friday Five with a fascinating article detailing strategies to push through those days when your brain is just dragging. We know we’re not alone in experiencing these slumps, so we wanted to share what works. How to Hack Your Brain for Peak Performance
Friday Five Bonus: One extra tidbit to reassure all the cat-lovers out there - No, having a cat does not increase the risk of you or your children developing a mental illness. Cat Ownership Not Associated With Mental Health Issues