1. How to Tell if Someone is Lying [Scientific American] - Don’t we all want to know?
2. Photography Has a Surprising Psychological Benefit, Large Study Finds [PsyBlog] - As if you needed an excuse to Instagram. Now when you get flak for gramming too much, just give ‘em this reason.
3. This Creative Pursuit Lowers Cortisol and Relieves Stress [PsyBlog] - For those of you, like me, who saw this headline and immediately dismissed it because you’re not creative or artsy, guess what - you reap the benefits regardless of your skill level.
4. What Are Your Happiness Strengths and Weaknesses? [Greater Good] - Happiness is not an elusive unknown that you just stumble upon. It is actually comprised of skills you can learn. This article will help you rate your skill level and improve your happiness weaknesses. Bonus article: A New Part of the Happiness Equation Discovered [PsyBlog]
5. Unless You’re Oprah, ‘Be Yourself’ Is Terrible Advice [NY Times] - In the era of authenticity, this article argues for why authenticity is not the end-all be-all that you believe it is. Read this article to discover a more fulfilling goal.